How to Authenticate a Tiffany & Co Engagement Ring:
1. Tiffany & Co. Engagement Rings come with Hallmarks.
All Tiffany Engagement Rings are Platinum and will be Hallmarked 'PT950'. They also will have the Diamond Size in 'cts', 'Tiffany & Co.' and a unique SKU number.
This unique SKU number is registered with Tiffany & Co's Database and will correlate to the Diamond and the Ring.
2. Tiffany & Co. Diamonds from approximately the year 2000 and onwards come with a unique serial number hidden in the Diamond.
3. Tiffany & Co. only provide one Diamond Certificate per ring. If the Tiffany & Co. Diamond Certificate is lost or damaged, they will not replace it.
The Diamond Certificate contains important information including the Diamond Grades, the Diamond Serial Number and the Ring SKU Number. The Certificate also contains watermarks. Pre 2000 the certificate comes in a black folder, post 2000 the certificate comes in a Blue Folder.
4. Tiffany & Co. only provide one Ring Box per Engagement Ring.
If the ring box is lost or damaged they will not replace it. The inner box is a black velvet box with Tiffany & Co on the lid, the outside box is the famous Tiffany Blue Box.
There are as many Tiffany & Co. Ring boxes in circulation as their are engagement rings.
5. Tiffany & Co. provide a Letter of Valuation with each Engagement Ring.
This is also very difficult to replace if lost or damaged. They will only provide this on request for the original owner for insurance purposes.
The letter of valuation is an extremely important document that provides direct provenance of the ring. This letter provides information such as the sales person who sold the ring, the date of sale and the exact store the ring was purchased from.
6. Tiffany & Co. also have a unique service in that they resize all of their Engagement Rings complimentary.
Most of my customers have had their Tiffany & Co. Engagement Rings re sized complimentary. If re sizing is not needed, Tiffany & Co. will clean the ring complimentary in store for life. This is usually a nice moment for couples to share.
7. The trifecta for a Tiffany & Co. Pre Loved Engagement Ring is a Ring that comes with:
a) The Tiffany & Co. Diamond Certificate
b) The Tiffany & Co. Letter of Valuation and
c) The Tiffany & Co. Ring Boxes
It is possible to buy an authentic Tiffany Engagement Rings without all the paperwork, however authentication is much easier to establish with this information.
Please feel free to contact me here if you have any questions. If you are looking to buy a Pre Loved Tiffany Engagement Ring, I am more than happy to help you authenticate the Ring.
Catherine Trenton Jewellery.
"We are an established boutique organisation specialising in pre-loved diamond designer jewellery from Tiffany & Co. and other luxury brands. As experts in this niche trade we work hard to provide a safe and simple environment for buying and selling pre-loved fine diamond jewellery online.
Whether you are buying or selling a piece of fine diamond designer jewellery, we aim to provide you with the best outcome possible.
You can visit our store here."