Selling a diamond ring, or diamond jewellery can pose challenges for an individual as this is usually a one off sale for them. I have covered some tips on how to sell diamond jewellery here and here. Selling a Tiffany Diamond Engagement Ring or other Tiffany Diamond Jewellery carries additional risks because the value of the item. It is not the same as selling a second hand couch or coffee table. As such you can unfortunately be the target for scammers.
This post is specifically on staying safe. These are tips on what you can do to ensure you make a successful sale.
1. If you are Selling Diamond Jewellery Face to Face: Never meet at your home.
The safest place is to meet at a Bank or Police Station.
2. Sell the Jewellery via PayPal and Send the item sent to the Buyer:
This is a very commonly accepted way of buying and selling these days.
If you are sending the item PayPal this allows the buyer to pay upfront. It is a very safe method for both buyer and seller. PayPal offers them the reassurance that they receive the item they purchased and allows the buyer to pay upfront.
When selling via PayPal you must follow these steps:
- Send the to the PayPal verified address. This will be in the PayPal Receipt that you receive once paid. Never send to another address as you will not be covered by PayPal seller protection.
- Always send the item with tracking. Registered and Express Post both provide tracking.
- Send with insurance. You are allowed to send diamond jewellery via Australia Post and be insured.
- Send the item via Express Post. For only a couple dollars more, the item is usually next day delivery, eliminating the time for the Jewellery to be in the post.
- Include Signature on Delivery. This is extremely important if the item is over &750. You want to ensure that you have confirmation that the item is received.
In my opinion the 100% most safest way for two individuals to complete a transaction is PayPal. In my humble opinion this is safer than a Face to Face transaction as there is no risk that you can be robbed or threatened in person.
3. Vet your Buyer:
As with anything trust your instincts. You can pick up a lot from someone in your communications with them. A genuine buyer, interested in your item should have a good understanding and knowledge the item that you are selling. This is because they have been looking around for this particular item and have found your add amongst a needle in a haystack so to speak.
4. Sell to a collector with a specific interest in Tiffany Diamond Jewellery.
We are a company with a specific interest in Tiffany & Co. diamond. jewellery, Cartier, Bvlgari and other luxury brands. Because we have a specific interest in these pieces we offer more than a jeweller because we value the design and not on the raw materials.
Many of my purchases are the equivalent of private sale prices without the seller having to go through any stress.
If you are interested in a quote, please contact me here.
Catherine Trenton Jewellery
"We are an established boutique organisation specialising in pre-loved diamond designer jewellery from Tiffany & Co. and other luxury brands. As experts in this niche trade we work hard to provide a safe and simple environment for buying and selling pre-loved fine diamond jewellery online.
Whether you are buying or selling a piece of fine diamond designer jewellery, we aim to provide you with the best outcome possible.
You can visit our store here."